The HEED III is known throughout the world as the leading emergency breathing apparatus for egressing from ditched helicopters or smoke-filled environments.
There are different variations of the product with various acronyms:
SEED (Supplementary Emergency Escape Device)
STASS (Short Term Air Supply System)
Unique, Hoseless, Compact, Easy to Use Design
Dozens of Lives Saved
Purchased by Major Military Organizations Worldwide
Tested and Approved by the U.S. Navy
Over 20 years in Service, Over 250,000 Systems Sold Worldwide
There Are Over 10 models of the HEED III That Have Been Customized for Various Needs/Users. Please Ask for Details.
- Length - 22.23cm
- Diameter - 5.71cm
- Weight full - .687Kg
- Air capacity - 48 litres
- Maximum pressure - 3000psi / 200 bar
- Surface breaths / Time - 30 breaths / 2-5 minutes
- Cylinder rating - DOT-3AL 3000 / TC-3ALM-207
- Mounting - Fits into most flight vest pockets, or can be purchased with holsters that can be sewn onto a vest or worn on a belt. For those with beaufort Mk44 or Mk15 life jackets, it can be stored in the STASS pocket and held in place with the POSE regulator retention strap.
- Configuration - single-stage, demand-breathing regulator attaches directly to an aluminium cylinder
- The standard unit offered by POSE has a 1.75 cu ft cylinder with soft purge and a dial pressure gauge.
- Also available in 3.0 cu ft tank sizes, other options for specific requirements are available on request. Hard Purge, other pressure gauges, refilling adapters.
If you wish to purchase both the STASS and retention kit, ordering both in the basket below will save you over £10.